Friday, May 1, 2009

Pastazios Pizza — 5026 Addison Circle East

On the SE corner of Lewis Pl.

My first experience with Pastazios pizza was when it was catered at a private event in Addison. I really liked the two slices I had. It's typical New York-style pizza with thin crust and just barely enough tomato sauce. The sausage topping had a great taste but the cheese lacked the normal baked-brown look. Still, I was impressed enough to go to the restaurant for a second helping but this time chose the chicken parmigiana sub. What a disappointment. Chicken is not supposed to be tough. This was. I've had squirrel (I really have!) that was easier to chew. What this sub needed was a torpedo.

The restaurant's appearance was nice enough with 3 muted TVs tuned to CNBC and satellite music piped in. Outside there are 11 tables on the sidewalk with a view of the small park across the street. The buildings provide shade in the afternoon. What was missing from the ambiance was customers and this was during the traditional happy hour. Pastazios doesn't attract that crowd with its prices ($3.00 domestic/$3.50 premium) and a beer fridge not stocked for volume.

Here's the menu. Pizza by the slice is currently $2.99 for the regular and $3.99 for the deluxe. Prices are written on an overhead chalkboard and thus subject to change.

Again, I enjoyed the pizza and if your company is buying the employees' lunch I would not be hesitant to recommend Pastazios. They cater and deliver. 972-386-9200. But with so many restaurants in this town I just cannot see this as a dining destination.

Hours:
10:00 am - 10:00 pm Mon-Thur
10:00 am - 11:00 pm Fri-Sat
11:00 am - 10:00 pm Sun

Yahoo map is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment