Monday, June 1, 2009

Twin Peaks — 5260 Belt Line

On the south side between Dallas Parkway and Montfort.

Cleavage anticipation. I've been waiting for this place to open. This is where the boys go when they tire of Hooters. This is where the girls go when...well, not too many go there. Like all Twin Peaks, this one looks like a hunting lodge. The stools look like they're made from rough-hewn wood. It's fake. The rocks around the fireplace look like they came from a river bed. They're fake. The boobage on many of the waitresses look like...let's not go there.

First, the menu. I asked our waitress if the Rocky Mountain Oysters were what I thought they were. "Yes they are," she smiled and said. Then I asked if there were many requests for them. She again smiled and said, "No, not really." I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It was good. My friend just munched on some fries. We had a couple of man sized beers which Twin Peaks claims is served at 29°. I beg to differ. They tasted like they were only 33°. $2.95.

This being Addison, smoking is allowed in the large bar area. The hostess will be happy to sit you in the non-smoking corner. A patio provides fresh air when the garage doors are open. There are 7 flat screen TVs showing sports but unless a major game is on you're usually treated to music by Harvey Danger or similar. One oddity is that the bar tables are permanently ensconced into the floor.

Happy hour (2:00-7:00pm and 10:00-11:00pm) offers 99¢ girl size select draft beer. On Saturdays and Sundays kids 12 and under eat free until 4:00pm with an adult meal purchase.

Hours:
11:00am - midnight daily

Google map is here.

I wonder why it's called Twin Peaks?

5 comments:

  1. The stools are not "fake" wood! Made from real hickory branches, trees continue to grow. a couple years down the road more branches are harvested for more chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the peaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goοd answeгs in return of thіs
    difficulty with firm агguments and telling everуthіng concernіng
    thаt.

    Look into my homepаge dysfonction erectile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give
    it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Terrific blog and terrific design.

    Also visit my blog post: Credit union auto loans

    ReplyDelete